Hi there, I’m Jen – welcome to Brave Intentional Life.
Living a brave intentional life means questioning the status quo, choosing freedom and authenticity over fitting in and pleasing others, and letting your soul – your own inner truth – be your guiding compass.
I used to write a lot about journaling (perhaps that’s what brought your here?) because it is the most powerful tool I have found to help you connect with your inner wisdom, get clear on what really matters to you, and start living a more intentional life.
If you’ve ever wondered, ‘is this all there is?’ then you might be ready to start living a brave, intentional life.
Here on the blog I write about:
- Simplicity – including tiny houses/downsizing/minimalism, slow living and the concept of exquisite sufficiency
- Meaningful work – including purpose, entrepreneurship, creativity, using your gifts and working less/resting more
- Creativity – including creating more and consuming less, self expression over consumerism, being different/original
- Self-Empowerment – including embracing imperfection, living your truth, being discerning with input from media/other people etc, celebrating your uniqueness, enforcing boundaries
- Motherhood and intentional parenting – including gentle/attachment/unconditional parenting and unschooling
- Spirituality – including purpose, soul connection, Divine guidance and law of attraction
I also share a lot about my own experiences as a creative, a mother, and a person living a life on their own terms.
My purpose in sharing this is not so much to encourage you to do the same things I do, but rather to encourage you to question conventional wisdom and find the right path for you. Don’t just jump on the bandwagon and switch off like most people do: be intentional, ask questions, think for yourself, be brave enough to live a life that is meaningful to you, rather than just sleepwalking down the same path as everyone else.
Here are some places to get started:
- Learn a bit more about me and what led me to intentional living
- Read my series about our tiny house
- Learn how to develop your own life-changing creative journaling practice with my free class
- Read some of my most popular posts on journaling and morning pages
- Get peeks into my own creative process and intentional living practices, as well as updates on a book I’m writing on by joining us on Patreon